Sunday 27 November 2016

Drinks Mat

I've just got a nice new adjustable standing/sitting table. I don't want to damage it so I made a mat for my giant mug. The mug has an 11 cm diameter, and the mat about 12.5 cm.






Materials

The clips on my internet cable broke, so instead of throwing it away, I decided to use it to make a mat. It seemed appropriate as it will be used on my computer table. I used Hoooked Ribbon XL in bright yellow to crochet over it.



Tools

The cable was quite tough to cut so I brought out the heavy duty metal cutters! I used a 10 mm hook, along with my trusty scissors and darning needle.



Pattern

The pattern is worked in a spiral, so rounds are not joined.

Round 1: 6 dc into a magic ring. (6 stitches)

Round 2: Lay the cable over the round below, 3 dc in each dc. (18 stitched)

Round 3: 1 dc in each dc. (18 stitches)

Round 4: (1 dc, 2dc)* repeat (27 stitches)

Cut off cable at an angle, 1 dc in next stitch without the cable inside, then 1 slip stitch in the next stitch. Finish off.

No comments: