Thursday 17 November 2016

Matte Fire Polish Bracelet, Necklace and Earrings


I started making the Beads Direct Take-A-Make-Break Matte Fire Polish Bracelet a few weeks ago. I had to stop because I had a problem with my shoulder. I enjoyed making the bracelet and so as there were plenty of beads left over in the kit, I made a necklace instead of making a second bracelet. I also made some matching earrings, taking a small segment of the bracelet./


The necklace and bracelet can be combined to make a longer necklace.




Materials

I used a kit from Beads Direct which contained Preciosa Czech Fire Polish 4mm Bead, Preciosa Czech Fire Polish 8mm Beads, Toho Size 11 Round Seed Beads, Toho Size 15 Round Seed Beads, 2 Rose Gold Plated Magnetic Ball Clasps, Nymo Beading Thread. I also used a pair of rose gold plated earring hooks.





Tools

Just a beading needle and scissors to cut the thread. I didn't need any pliers for this project as the beads are attached directly to the earring ring hook loop and the magnetic clasps using thread.


Technique

Although there was a project sheet included with the kit from Beads Direct, I followed the video showing how to make the bracelet. I was particularly interested in making the daisy-like flowers between the beads. First a triangle is made, then it's made into a cross and finally into a flower.


No comments: