Monday 28 November 2016

More Mandela Madness

I love learning. It gives me quite a buzz. I've just completed round 6 of the Mandela Madness. I'm not entirely happy with the centre, but otherwise I think it's quite delightful.




Techniques

There is so much packed into this mandala.

  • Magic Ring: I've done these before but sometimes I've had problems with them.
  • Standing Stitches: I've come across standing stitches before but haven't practice much. I can see that I'm going to get lots of practice with them.
  • Popcorn Stitches: I'd forgotten how to do these so it was a good reminder. The six bright pink blobs are the popcorn stitches.
  • Picots: I've always been a bit unsure where to insert the hook to complete the stitch. Now I know! The pale pink centre is made from picots as are the points of the dark purple.
  • Overlay Crochet: This is completely new for me.

No comments: