Thursday 17 November 2016

Grey Hat

All the commercial hats my husband has bought or tried on have been too small so I decided to make one for him. I finished it today.






Materials

I used 100% acrylic yarn from B&M. It came in a 300g ball and I used around 60-65g. The ball of yarn cost £3.99, so the hat cost around 80p to make.



Tools

Circular needles, double ended needles, a darning needle and an emergency crochet hook.

I used circular needles until the last few rows where I had to switch to double pointed needles. I haven't used double pointed needles before, and did have a little bit of trouble with them. I dropped a stitch and couldn't see it until I'd finished off the hat. Fortunately I have crochet hooks lying all over the place so they came to the rescue to pick up the dropped stitch.




Pattern

I used a pattern I found on ravelry. It's Ribbed Watchman's Hat by Channah Koppel.

No comments: