Wednesday 23 November 2016

Keyring

I made a few of these cubic weave pendants a while ago. My husband was using one on his key ring. The ring of the key ring frayed the thread so I used wire instead.





Materials

I started making these using a kit, and then bought some extra beads to make more: 4 mm pearls, size 15 seed beads, beading thread, eye pins, jump rings, key ring ring.


Tools

For the pendant itself, I used just a beading needle. For the wire work at the top, I used round nose and flat nose pliers.


Method

I followed the video from Beads Direct's Take a Make Break Cubic Weave Pendant to make the pendant, and then used eye pins to form the wire loops attaching it to the key ring.


Other

The kit also contained some bicones which I've combined with the pearls in this pendant.




I had some beads left over from another kit and wondered if these irregularly sized beads would also work. I was quite pleased with the contrast of the order of the cubic weave and the randomness of the colour and size of the beads. I will need to reinforce the bail on this one so the keyring doesn't fray it. Since the beads in the bail are bigger than the size 15 seed beads I used on the other pendants, I can probably use fine wire to replace the thread.


No comments: