Sunday 4 December 2016

Christmas Wreath

I went to a wreath class at Kingsbury Water Park today. I've never done wreaths with natural materials so it was interesting to learn how to do it. I'm happy with my first attempt at a wreath.


The base of the wreath was made from wisteria, bent into a circle.




I use lots of natural string, ribbon, a huge pine cone, holly with berries, ivy with berries, scotts pine, and leylandii. The pine left resin all over my hands which then got coated with dirt. Lovely! It refused to wash off using soap and water so I had to resort to Swarfega.




I made about 15 small bundles of greenery, tied together with string, which I then attached to the base, again with string.




The huge pine cone maybe doesn't fit too well but it was so magnificent I just had to use it!


No comments: