Friday 9 December 2016

Norwegian Knitting

I found some knitting on Netflix. It's a multiple hour long program of people knitting and talking about knitting. It didn't sound too interesting but it was! It was informative and relaxing to watch. After watching it, I decided to try the Norwegian knitting style. Knitting was nice and easy but purling took a bit more effort for me to catch on.


Unlike British knitting, the wool is held in the left hand for a right handed knitter.




Purling requires inserting the needle, twisting the stitch and then grabbing the wool from behind. For the first few rows I didn't grab the wool corrected so I ended up getting a twisted stitch. I quite like the effect but it wasn't what I was going for.




For the twisted stitch I pretty much just placed the wool over the needle like this:




instead of placing the needle over the wool and sort of hooking it under as shown below.







No comments: