Friday 9 December 2016

Free Form Crochet

I've been looking longingly at free form crochet for a while now. There is a course of craftsy which I may try but haven't quite made up my mind yet. I think I'm going to crochet a few bits and try joining them to make a small bag. We'll see if it becomes a reality.



My first Scrumble

I found some instructions on how to make a scrumble on YouTube. A scrumble is an element in free form crochet which is joined with other scrumbles to make the finished design. The video is in Dutch, which made it a bit difficult to follow. I haven't followed the instructions precisely, but then it's free form so I'm looking for ideas and to be creative instead of just copying to the letter. I like the idea of making wavy parts so that it doesn't lie flat.





A Crochet Flower


In another video on scrumbles, I saw this flower from Sheru Knitting. It was fun to make and a lot easier than I was expecting.





Although this particular flower is going to be part of a bag, I think joining lots in a row would make an interesting scarf.

No comments: